Dinner in a Pumpkin
I have been talking about making Dinner in a Pumpkin for over two years, and our friends, the Chipmans, have been listening to me the entire time. Well, I finally followed through and cooked the meal. Of course, I had to share it with the Chipmans, and they were so nice to come over even though Adam wasn't feeling well.
I used some recipes off of the website AllRecipies.com. You cook the meat, vegetables and rice first, then put the mixture into the pumpkin and bake it for an hour. If you like squash, you can scoop some of the baked pumpkin out with the meal when you serve it. I was really relieved that it turned out and that everyone liked it. And it looks really cool when it is done too:).
We also carved pumpkins this year.
Mine is full of stars, Todd's is scary (he always does a scary one), Dru carved the words Baby, and Adam actually carved a baby in the womb. Their little boy is due in less than a month, so baby was on the mind. I was really impressed that they pulled it off! It looked so good when we lit them.
4 comments:
Hey Colleen. If you are really interested in some great pumpkin recipes, I have a fantastic Native AMerican cookbook called "Spirit of the Harvest" that includes a fair number of pumpkin recipes. The Southeatern tribes (Cherokee, Chikasaw, Choctaw, etc.) commonly used them. Good eatihg, shoulkd not be limited to just autumn and around halloween :).
I actually would love to check out the recipes. I'm a new fan of squash.
You guys are extremely talented pumpkin carvers!!!!
Holy cow, your pumpkins are amazing! I especially love the baby in the womb - that's talent, man!
Post a Comment