Never Leave a Good Pair Behind
I don't think I've seen anyone as attached to a piece of clothing as Todd and his favorite kahki shorts. First of all he bought them at a second-hand clothing store because they were light weight, the perfect color and not too bulky like some cargos can be. A few tears developed and we had my step-mom sew them back up. Then a few more, and bigger, tears developed and she sewed them too. Eventually new tears turned into ragged holes that belonged on the knees of an old pair of jeans. Tami, my step-mom, actually had to sew jean material behind these holes to close them up and hopefully strengthen the material. And you guessed it, they just keep on tearing, so here you see Todd ironing on patches that he purchased himself at JoAnne's. I have to admire his determination and "never-give-up" loyalty to these shorts.
If you can rival this... comment and let me know. I'm curious:)
2 comments:
I don't know if I can rival it, but I had a similar situation with a pair of khaki pants. I got them from a roommate, but they fit perfectly. One of the pockets ripped out in two places and I sewed them up. Then there was a GIGANTIC rip up the butt that I sewed. I think I had to ditch them the next time they ripped just because it was too much upkeep!
Coleen, tell Todd that I once had a pair of stage pants when iwas performing that went through a similar life cycle, and by the time they were ready to be burned, I think they were being held together with leather thong, duct tape and safety pins. Granted, his look a lot nicer than mine did (LOL!).
Post a Comment