My New Favorite Dinner
We learned how to dine properly when Uncle Dan came for dinner in December. He is a genius with food, and I've never had a more relaxing meal. Here's the schedule:
1. Savor a few incredible appetizers.
2. Enjoy conversation.
3. Move to the table for a salad or soup.
4. Enjoy conversation.
5. Start the main course.
6. Enjoy conversation again. (or whatever else you like to do between courses. We shared pictures, listened to music and talked).
7. Dessert... of course.
Seriously, I think I could handle cooking like this more. Nothing has to be done at the same time... which, if you know me, is a huge incentive. And it's incredibly relaxing. Maybe you eat more because the actual dining part can last a couple of hours, but then again, maybe it gives you time to realize you are full. Either way, I'm a big fan of eating dinner over several courses... and I'm a big fan of Uncle Dan:).
1 comment:
Hey Coleen! It's Nicole Riggs from college. I check out your blog every now and again from Lyndsies. This posting reminded me of all the fun us couples use to have eating and playing games. When you guys all graduated it was hard on us! Its hard to find couples to hang out with that were as fun as you guys, the fields and chalks! Hope life is treating you good!
Post a Comment