03 November 2007

Girls Night!



Todd left town to work for a client in Texas, so I invited the young women at church to a sleep over at my place. Soooo much fun. They taught Tedra Wrede (another youth leader) and I the "Soldier Boy" dance. Every teenager seems to have this one memorized. It's like the modern day macarena -- they all get up at school dances, line up and dance this thing together. My favorite part: The superman move. Look up SouljaBoy on YouTube.

We ate way too much candy and spinach dip (thanks Tedra!), and danced all night (thank goodness I had an iPod dock with speakers). There were sing-a-longs, screaming, giggling, games, crafts and staying up way too late. Of course, we started Princess Bride at midnight and when the ladies fell asleep... everyone else drew all over their faces. Apparently they don't freeze underwear or dip their hands in warm water hoping to make them wet the bed anymore.

Of course, my neighbors probably wanted to kill me, but it was so worth it! One of my favorite Friday nights all year. Thanks for the good times girls!





2 comments:

Dorese @ Dorese's Pieces said...

Coleen, that party looks like it was SO FUN! I bet you are the best YW leader in the Bay area! : )

Melly Mel said...

Let me tell you how grateful I am that you posted these pictures! I felt like I was there Coleen! Our Young Woman sleepovers were awesome! I miss you all! I'm glad you all had a good time!