V-Day with Jake and the Unexpected
We considered getting a babysitter on Valentines Day and spending a nice day in the city alone, but sometimes it is more work to prepare for a babysitter than just to take the baby. So Jake came along with us and we had a blast hanging out at Ghirardelli Square and Hyde Street Pier. I didn't even know that was there and am always amazed at how many interesting and historical things are hidden around San Francisco. It's hard to see the forest for the trees when there is so much going on around you, I guess. It was cool to walk through original house boats of early settlers and hang out by the water.
We actually planned to ride the Trolley too, but with so many tourists there for a romantic weekend, we canceled that plan. It was a beautiful day in the city, so the crowds were big. I actually really like it when the streets are filled with people. Something about the energy, and being a face in the crowd and people watching...
It was really fun to window shop at the boutiques in the Square with locally made lotions, thrift stores and really expensive kid stores.
We didn't even take a picture of the best part of the night... dinner at Palomino's in the city! So I added one of Jake in his high chair.
It was totally unexpected that Jake did so well at the restaurant. We got an amazing seat by the window with a view of the Bay Bridge because the table had ample room for a high chair, and no one sat around us... I'm assuming because we had a baby and it was Valentines Day. There was a rose on every table for us to take, we gorged ourselves with gorganzala potato cakes and shared a few delicious cuisines.
And the most interesting part of the night was that... just as we were about to leave, a guy about our age approached our table and asked about Jake. Apparently, he and his wife left their baby at home that night, and after chatting about babies for a minute, he asked if he could bless our child. It was a total surprise... I mean, how often does someone ask to pray for your baby in a restaurant? But, it was kind of cool at the same time. He was obviously very religious and felt the need to pray. So good for him! He knelt down (with the waiter trying to reach around him to give us our check at the same time) and he prayed that Jake would be healthy and obey his parents, which I will never complain about:). Anyway, it was an experience.
2 comments:
You should go to the Winchester Mystery House. I've always wanted to go but never have!
Hey guys how are you? You both look great. You little man is so cute. We are going to be out your way in May. We are taking a week long vacation to SoCal and then we will drive up to Sacramento to visit Cameron's family. Hope you are well.
Post a Comment