Signing Up For Free Stuff... And Actually Getting it For Free
Jake was a ninja for the Halloween party we went to last weekend. We found his costume at Old Navy for $5! I tell ya, I've never been one to want to sign up for all the stores and giveaways and free stuff because I just think they are going to sell my info to 3rd party vendors and I'll get all this junk mail. And I'm sure they do. But since I got pregnant with Jake, I've been signing up for everything. I reasoned that since a baby comes with it's own language, set of rules and products that you never have to think about until one day you're pregnant... I could use all the information and ideas that 3rd party vendors could provide. And thanks to that theory, I'm on the Old Navy mailing list and was notified of their big sale this Halloween. What's even better, I went into the store when it opened on sale day (I've never done that before) and I rec'd a mystery coupon, which had a $5 savings in it, so the costume was free. Hey, what the heck, I'll take it:).
Getting ready for the Halloween party...
I put Jake in this Halloween outfit until just before the party so he wouldn't get the costume all messy. He LOVES this shirt because it lights up whenever he moves. It was a gift from his Aunt Malissa... Thanks Malissa! Notice that he got the binkie stuck on his thumb. It was fun to watch him try to figure out what happened.
Licking the blade on his "sword"
A fierce warrior
Hanging out with Todd at the party. Todd's costume was scary and he had this cool mask, but it was so hot that we started taking off costumes. My wig and cloak came off early and his did too. It was kind of sad, but at the same time... do I miss cold Halloweens? Nope:)
2 comments:
YAY! His "man robe" is being put to good use. =) Glad to see it! What an adorable little ninja. That's so fun. I am excited for future experiences like these. =)
I love the ninja outfit. I nearly did this for Dean, but his grandma made him a costume instead. So cute.
Post a Comment