05 October 2008




One thing I have tried to do while living in the Bay Area is go to the festivals and events that I might not get somewhere else. I know that a lot of places offer great things like this, but I just don't know where we are going to end up someday so I don't want to take the opportunity for granted.


This is at the Greek Festival in San Francisco. We went with our friends Brenda-Lee and Sampo Laine, who both served church missions in Greece. The food was really good, but I have to admit that Brenda-Lee bakes a better Spanakopita. Must be all the feta she puts in it:).




Todd and I also went to see the Chihuly exhibit at the de Young Museum in Golden Gate Park. It was well worth it! And it was perfect for Jake. He was fascinated with all the colors and lights, which made walking through even more fun.

5 comments:

Super Angie said...

So fun. Good for you for taking advantage of all the cultural activities. Living in Shishmaref has really made me appreciate things like that... I miss them.

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

What a fun experience! Maggie (my two year old) is facinated by Chihuly. Glad to see there is another lover of glass art :o)
Love reading your blog.
Your little guy is the cutest ever. I love his cheeks!

Anonymous said...

How the heck are you guys? It's been a long time, you all look great and what a cute little babe! Love you and think of you both often.

Larsen's said...

That is a good idea - to go to the different festivals around here. Your pictures are cool!

Jacqui said...

Your little guy is so cute! Love those chubby cheeks. You look beautiful, as usual. Such a babe!

What's up with your dad? You mentioned he was so sick. I hope all is okay. You wouldn't even recognize my dad if you saw him. He's lost a TON of weight and now weighs as much as my husband! Crazy! It's fun to drop in on your family.

Loves!