Young Women Sleepover
We recently had a big Young Women sleepover at Meg Jenson's house. Most of us went to bed at 4 a.m. Meg's dad came around at 5 a.m. thinking they were early risers only to find out that Meg and a few others never went to bed. And she was quick to send him on a hot chocolate run for all of us. Jake came along and slept over with the ladies, and it was easier than expected with all the helping hands. I think it prepared me for my first big trip with him last week.
Anyway, I felt kind of guilty because the Jenson's have been living in the guest house for years while their house was being worked on. It was finished just in time for the sleepover but the house still needed a lot of the furniture to be put in place and art hung on the walls and people to move in. Which means that we slept in the house before the family did. I have to admit that it was a ton of fun staying in a house like that. And it was really fun even though I was the only adult that stayed the night. Like they say, it is important to get girl time after marriage, right?:)
4 comments:
OK, now I SO can't wait for Karina to join Young Women's...she loves sleepovers!!!
Well, we'll have to wait 3 more years. Sigh!
You are CRAZY Coleen! I can't believe that you stayed up that late playing with your YW. What a trooper. My YW would be so envious, I try to be cool like that, but at Girls Camp they got a rough awakening when I yelled at them for still being loud at 12:00 a.m. but I was also pregnant and extra grumpy. I think they understood.
those girls are so lucky to have such a fun young women advisor. you would be my favorite if i was in their shoes. i'm glad to see you're still loving it so much!! :)
I don't know what helped me stay up so late with them, but I just couldn't stand to tell them to go to bed! They were having so much fun... and I can totally understand the camping thing, Leah. I can't imagine camping while pregnant. YOU are the trooper!
For the record, the other leaders have stayed the night with the girls during other sleepovers. In fact, I was in charge of the last one too but I went into labor that day so they all filled in for me. :) It actually seemed easier now than it did 9 months pregnant!
Post a Comment