22 June 2008

My Birthday Theory

I love birthdays. I think they should be celebrated for about a week... which mostly comes from the fact that they usually are anyways. Think about it... the first card usually comes early and kicks off the celebration, there is the actual big day, usually a party or dinner on a day other than your inconvenient-weekday-birthday, more cards come in the mail days later, and someone always calls late. It's great!

My sister Bridgette just had her 28th birthday this week so we went (a day early, of course) to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory in San Francisco. It was unbelievably hot in the city so we sat outside on the patio overlooking Union Square. Great views, good food, nice weather and a fun-loving sister (and sleeping baby). Couldn't ask for more.


Thankfully our table had a little shade for a while.



But not for long...



It looks like she is posing, but really she was wishing she had a clip to pull her hair up because it was so hot.

2 comments:

melanie said...

Looks like SUCH a nice day! I went to the same place for dinner with my sisters-in-law a couple years ago and the view is so great! I love it!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Happy birthday Bridgette! (Just trying to extend it even longer...)

I hope you had fun.