22 June 2009

Girls Weekends Are Underrated

In April I visited my good friend and college roommate, Sarah Ringer, in Las Vegas to have a girls weekend before she had her baby (which is now here... welcome to the world Brooklyn!)We were missing Katie Shaw, the other roommate in our trio, but she was finishing finals in Provo :(.

The trip ended up being more like therapy. First of all, it is rejuvenating to the soul to spend several days with a long-time girlfriend, the kind that you can talk to about anything... and even if you don't talk for a year, it feels like yesterday when you get together.

Second, we spent a good 8 hours in a beautiful spa... need I say more?

Third, I slept well for three nights straight. (Jake and Todd were visiting his family in Seattle). Ahhhhh...

and Fourth, we went to see Jersey Boys and the Chris Angel show in Vegas. It was fantastic entertainment. Chris Angel was a little bizarre, though. We described it as a circus gone bad... but really cool at the same time. I honestly saw him disappear... I know it's all magic and tricks and stuff, but I don't know HOW he does it.

Dinner with Sarah and her husband Nate.




And these robes were heated! So nice. The one downfall was that I ordered a deep tissue massage and was deeply disappointed! It was the worst massage I'd ever had. It was at noon, so maybe my therapist was tired and hungry... and deaf when I explained what I wanted. I have had Swedish massages that were better than that one. It's a well known fact that I like my massages to practically be painful, so next time I get a deep tissue I think I am going to ask for a male therapist.

1 comment:

Larsen's said...

What a fun time! Sighhhhh, Criss Angel - my girls and I have a BIG crush on him, LOL! I agree what you said about his show, Believe...I *think* I liked it! (Wasn't the very beginning a bit much?! - but I loved it when he "walked" on that lady's white veil when it was a wall...)

Anyways, sounds like a great time!