05 January 2009

San Diego In December

This was my first trip to San Diego and I fell in love. I think I could move there someday. I don't think I would plan to go in December if we didn't have free tickets to a few things, but it turned out ok. the first day we were there was beautiful and we spent the entire day at Sea World. Everyone told us that we would probably only spend a few hours there, but I guess we are really kids at heart because we stayed until it closed.




Even though it wasn't as warm as we would've wanted, it was pretty cool to be there for all the special holiday programs. They had night shows with lights and a live concert of Christmas songs.


I couldn't believe how close we could get to the dolphins and other sea life.


Why is it that our greatest fears are our the things that also intrigue us the most? I mean, who isn't scared of sharks? And yet, the best aquariums have giant sharks in them. It was really fun to walk through the glass tunnel and see their underbelly.

A giant shark jaw!!! yikes.

Crawling through the ice caves.

A funny walrus.

Shamu!!!





It was soooo rainy the next day that it we had to cancel the zoo. I was really dissapointed, so we tried driving around and see somethings. But it was frigid outside and so wet that we didn't even want to get out of the car. We finally got brave enough to walk through the puddles and get lunch in a restaurant on the waterfront. There were little birds inside that kept Jake entertained. I guess I'll just have to go back when the sun is shining.


This old hotel on Coronado Island was so amazing (from the car window).

We finished of the drizzly day with some Christmas shopping and found this fun little store with funky glasses. I don't think Todd realized I would take a picture of him when he turned around. :) It was a fun day despite the disappointing weather.

4 comments:

Super Angie said...

I love Sea World, in spite of a very unfortunate incident involving Shamu, a massive amount of water, and my poor sixth grade judgment in standing too close to the tank...

I can't believe Jake lasted all day! What a good baby!

WT said...

So fun! We were there last year about this time and had a blast. Way to go on packing the babe. You rock! Nice glasses Todd.

WT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

Hey! We were so glad to have you and so sad that we had so much work going on. i promise that next time we will take at least 3 days off just to hand out. thanks again for being good sports even though we had horrible weather and a messy home...and, of course, no time.