Long Weekend in Monterey
Todd was working in Texas over the long weekend in January so I spent time with my good friend Tasha and her husband Will in Monterey, CA where they live. They were great tour guides, and the military discounts made it even more fun. Thanks Will!
Here are some of the highlights:
A drive down the coast and a little hike off the main road where we saw this amazing view. I mean seriously, the engineers who built the bridge couldn't have planned this view. Nature does some amazing things.
The first mission in Monterey. It was a beautiful old structure that still holds mass every week in the chapel there.
Dinner at The Whole Enchilada. The bar in back was covered with dollar bills. People leave messages on them and tape them to the wall, ceiling, anything... The owner donates it all to charity when the room fills up. He estimates $20K in the room right now. And the band playing Tom Petty in the back was pretty great too.
Watching the sunset on Carmel Beach (after visiting the cheese shop where we sampled fine cheeses and aged balsamic vinegar. Yum!)
Picnicing on the beach at Cannery Row
The Monterey Aquarium (I'm going back in April when the penguins are there. Can't wait!)
2 comments:
Wow this trip sounds amazing! Troy & I honeymooned at Big Sur just around the corner from Monterey and Salinas. I too thought the bridges were fascinating! It looks cold in the pictures.
It was cold! We actually planned a nice picnic lunch -- to eat the fancy cheese and crackers we bought in Carmel, but ended up chowing down in the car instead. But still not bad for a January day. What can we expect? :)
Post a Comment