08 August 2007

Outta the Ball Park... A Day in History





5th inning. 3 balls... 2 strikes and Bonds was running out of time to hit that record breaking home run today. The entire stadium was on its feet. In fact, my group had pushed its way three rows forward as if getting five feet closer was going to make the view better from the bleachers in left field. Bonds swung and the ball when soaring. I was so scared that it was going to drop just before the wall in right field. Everyone else seemed to know it was a gonner because the crowd was insanely wild before the war broke between fans trying to grab the ball at their feet. I just can not believe that I was actually there for such a cool piece of history! My office could not have planned a better day to send the office to a Giants Game. Pretty great day... getting out of work early, going to a private, catered office party behind the score board at AT&T Park and watching Barry Bonds hit the home run of his career to make baseball history. I hate to admit it, I almost cried when the fireworks went off and Barry rounded third base. Pretty cool.

4 comments:

Lyndsie Field said...

Wow Coleen! That is so cool that you were there for that!! :) Chad was actually talking to Todd right when that happened. I'm jealous that Chad gets to go stay with you guys for a while...he's really excited. Now, we just need to get me and the kids over there! I have to tell you...I love your new smile!! You look beautiful! :)

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Ooh. I love getting out of work early to do something fun. That's cool you got to be there for something so historic.

You're looking great, by the way. The hair is so light! It's fun to mix it up once in a while.

Anonymous said...

Hi Coleen. Grandma shared this site with me so I'm bookmarking it and will check in. I love the pictures! You look great.

Juls said...

Hi Coleen. Gma sent me this too. I really havn't seen you forever! We are going to be in AZ for Thanksgiving though. My template for my blog is the same :) you can check mine out my is just smalleyfam.blogspot hope all is well. You look GREAT!