Celebratin' the 4th of July

We BBQ'd with a bunch of couples from our ward in the afternoon. Todd raced his rubber duck in the kiddie pool... too bad he lost because those matching American flag bandannas were pretty cool. :) I was too wrapped up in making bracelets with the ladies to notice, though. Who knew you could make bracelets out of electrical wire and beads?!?
Later we had our friends Adam and Dru Chipman and Greg and Elizabeth Andrews over for another BBQ at our place. Specialty dogs, homemade french fries and Tami's Pistachio fruit salad... how can you go wrong? Thanks to the Andrews, we lit our own fireworks at the park across the street -- I forgot how much fun sparklers were!
There are 4-5 fireworks shows all down the bay on the 4th, so we went to a park in the hills and watched them all (or most of them) go off around 9:30. Our vote? Redwood City had the best show... that's where we'll be next year! Last year was in San Francisco, and that was pretty good too.
I have to say, I miss Dad's firework shows at home. Sigh.
1 comment:
I love the blog!! Very fun...looks like you guys had a great 4th of July! Your hair looks so cute in braids like that! We miss you both!! :)
Post a Comment